If you’ve ever asked yourself the question as to whether you’re any good at your job then I’m sure the answer would be ‘yes’.
But a second question ‘Are you as good as you could be?’ is likely to give a different answer.
We all feel we could learn more and be better at certain aspects of our job. No one is perfect (even my wife tells me that).
The product management and product marketing roles are at the center of any company with products. And when we do our job better it has a ripple effect across the whole company. Products are more successful and the company makes more money.
But these roles are broad and there is a bewildering array of traditional and newer approaches to be considered when tackling any task. How do you keep up with best practice? How do you understand the big picture and know what to prioritize?
Good training can give you insights into the various options and help educate you on the best approach to take in your circumstances.
From our survey, we know that around half of us have to learn ‘on-the-job’. Maybe we have a mentor, maybe we read up on things – maybe not.
Learning by doing has its place, but it’s not always the most effective way of learning. It can be slow, we make mistakes and it doesn’t help us with what world-class looks like.
Based on our experience, we believe the fastest, most effective and engaging training is face-to-face in the classroom.
If you’re considering training, then to help you make a decision on what’s best for you we’ve created a checklist of things to consider when selecting a training provider.
Project managers are natural problem-solvers. They set the plan and guide teammates, and manage changes, risks, and stakeholders.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
TRAINYOUCAN (ETDP SETA) Accredited Training Network and its members is committed to follow all the ETQA requirements as stipulated by SAQA.
This unit standard forms part of the qualification, National Certificate Project Management and is registered at Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework. Learners accessing this standard will be involved in project management teams or involved in building small project management teams. These projects may be technical projects, business projects or developmental projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This standard will also add value to learners who are running their own business and recognise that project management forms an integral component of any business.
Project Management Course
- The qualifying learner is capable of:
Discussing and explaining the appropriateness of the various organisational structures.
Supervising and monitoring a developmental project team.
Reporting progress on a developmental project.
Identifying and rectifying problems occurring in a developmental project.
Setting up, running and closing a developmental project.
- Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa, Department of Labour and Microsoft Certified courses.
- Success rate of learner: Currently we have a very high success rate due to the “one-price-policy” that include additional support at no additional cost.
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
Project Management Course
- Learners accessing this qualification will have demonstrated competence in mathematics and communication skills at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
Learners accessing this qualification will have demonstrated competence in computer literacy and applicable software at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
BOOKINGS: Book online through our booking site www.coursesdirect.co.za here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND the Project management course.
- Anyone involved in projects – whether as project manager, project team member, planner or senior manager – will benefit from this program. The skills and techniques taught on this program are relevant to all sectors of business and government including services, engineering, social development and information management.
- Project Manager
- Project Team Member
- Senior Manager
- Event Management
- General Management
- construction Management
- Executive Management
- Business Owners
Project Management Course
BONUS DISCUSSIONS AND HANDOUTS DURING THIS COURSE
As a valued customer the following is included as standard practices in TRAINYOUCAN induction of accredited course, namely:
- Detailed induction of the SETA, SAQA, NQF and Credits.
- Detailed explanation on the types of accreditation found, namely individual, training provider and programme accreditation.
- Difference between unit standards and qualifications with detailed explanation.
- FREE templates and resources on this topic, ready to be downloaded to use from our members forum.
- FREE resources on compiling your personal CV and registration with the SETA for Assessors and Moderators.
- Learners will create during the contact session their own Training Checklist, Training Venue Checklist and Training Evaluation, ready to be used in the workplace.
- Two complete learning programmes, namely “Fire Fighting” will be provided to each learner in the class to assist them with their presentations. We provide you will all the documents and templates required.