Qualifying as a Facilitator (also known as Train the Trainer)
The broad learning objective of this course is to develop the awareness, knowledge, skills and attitudes of participants needed to deliver professional facilitation. This course will ensure any facilitator learns how to present a lesson or a training facilitation in a highly professional, entertaining, dynamic, impactful and interactive manner. This course is designed so that the participants understand the theory of good communication prior to preparing, delivering and evaluating facilitation within a stimulated context. The course is divided between what good communication is, how to prepare an effective facilitation, and delivering it so that you have a persuasive audience impact.
Facilitating Online provides a solid foundation for facilitating online events and courses.
For booking visit coursesdirect.co.za online.
Is there work for Facilitators?
Yes, in all industries!
Options may include: A work related area / client service / health and safety / leadership/sales / management / finance / legal / hospitality/ life skills / HIV / Aids / gender based study areas / advocacy / ethics /personal growth / goal setting / spiritual / entrepreneurship / animals / volunteerism / wildlife / guiding / community gardening / food security / team building / make up / dressing professionally / food / cooking / a trade, etc.)
Educators and trainers are increasingly using online resources and interaction to support learning across blended and online courses. The shift online emphasises the importance of sound online facilitation skills to facilitate engaged participants in debate, group work and shared knowledge construction across a range of online conversational spaces.
Trained online facilitators are also able to make good choices about the use of online communication when designing learning activities. Facilitating Online provides opportunities for educational technologists, educators and trainers to develop the necessary orientation to become an effective online facilitator. Several past participants have reported that Facilitating Online unlocked new employment opportunities for them.
Purpose of this Facilitator Course
This facilitation training course will provide recognition for those who facilitate or intend to facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies. Formal recognition will enhance their employability and also provide a means to identify competent learning facilitators.
Who should attend this facilitator course?
- Lecturers, teachers and facilitators currently facilitating but not certified and/or registered.
- Any person with the intention to become a certified facilitator.
- Certified Assessors and/or Moderators with an interest in facilitation.
- Sales and marketing personnel.
- HR and HRD practitioners.
What is the entry requirements?
- Numeracy and Literacy Skills on NQF 4 Level
- Basic English Communication Skills on NQF Level 4
Outline for the Facilitator Training Course :
Lesson 1: Plan and Prepare for facilitation
- Analysis of learer and learning needs
- Plans cater for needs of learners and stakeholders
- Resources, locations, and personnel are arranged to suit intended delivery
- Learning material preparation
- Learning material content
- Facilitation methods
- Facilitation process
- Learning environment
- Review criteria
Lesson 2: Facilitate learning
- Learning facilitated in a coherent manner
- Learning environment and facilitation approach promotes open interaction
- Development of concepts through participation
- Groups managed in line with facilitation principles
- Questioning techniques consistency
- Monitoring learner progress
Lesson 3: Evaluate learning and facilitation
- Learner and stakeholder feedback on facilitated learning
- Strength and weaknesses of the planning, preparation and facilitating of learning
- Review and recommendation
Unit Standard Alignment:
- US 117871, Facilitate learning using variety of given methodologies, NQF 5, 10 credits
TrainYouCan Accredited Training Network generic Facilitator training course will equip learners with the required knowledge and skills to facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies in their field of expertise. The Facilitator training course will help you better understand the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and will help you take the first step in developing your skills and acquiring a variety of qualifications within the fields of Education Training and Development Practices.
The Facilitator has to determine the needs of the learners, possible learning barriers, previous learning experience, different learning styles, etc. It is also the responsibility of the Facilitator to ensure that the learning methods selected are appropriate for the learning outcomes to be achieved. Facilitation must promote open interaction and ensure that learners have an active role in their own learning. Facilitation must enable learners to draw from their own experience in their working environment and apply the concepts for themselves. The responsibility of the Facilitator is great and thus they need to meet a high standard of criteria.